Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Nothing given away......

This has no real place in any of my blogs, but Severus Snape shares a birthday with Mr James Patrick Page.

It has come about that the fictional character of Severus Snape has been given a birth date. Turns out he was born either right after or right before me......1958 or 59. Some say '60. Who the hell cares?! And on January 9th......birthday of Jimmy Page, and my grandson Marco.


Truly, I am a big fan of the Harry Potter books. They are well written, and enthralling and have brought younger people back to the joy of reading. If you have only seen the movies , do yourself a favour and go read book one. do them in order- it DOES make a difference. I can forgive the movies for not being able to cover so much detail, but the books are ten times the movies.

And I am an equally big fan of actour Alan Rickman, who has brought a permanent face to Snape. I don't think anyone could have done this character as much justice- good choice!
I have seen much of Alan's work, and think the world of him. They could not have done better giving him this incredible anti-hero to him to mold.

Anyway, no, I am not saying anything about the newest, and last book, in the series. Except that I have already read it twice and browse through certain parts almost daily. I am sorry to see the series end, but will enjoy these books for the rest of my life. I just would like to know what they will do with the movies to do justice to the tremendous expectation built up in the fan world. They better get it right.......

No comments: